Sunday, July 18, 2010

Becoming a Kinesiologist (Part 11)

In this weeks interview with our featured member Colli Christante, we are “reflecting on the past”. I asked Colli about why she became a kinesiologist…

Becoming a kinesiologist was a natural part of my journey.  In 1979 I moved from Vancouver to Toronto to work in the TV industry, study communications & journalism at Ryerson University.

In 1990 I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and was extremely unwell. An oxygen tank ruled my life and my attending doctors told me to “move & live by the ocean breeze” (at that time there was very little pollution there:)

Before moving to live by the “ocean breeze” I had tried every therapy known to heal the illness but nothing worked. That was until one day my beautiful daughter ( who was 9 at the time ) came home from school with a book that changed my life. The little book was “How to Heal Your Life” by Louise Hay. This book made me realize I had to take responsibility for my own health, my life.

Upon returning to Toronto from Manasota Key, Florida in 1992 ( where I went to live in order to recover ), NLP ( Neuro Linguistic Programming ) came in to my life. I was blessed to have studied with some of the finest trainers of NLP. Dr. Chris Hall (President of the NLP Society), Robert Klauss and Eric Robbie.
When I returned to Toronto, my doctors were not only amazed… but mystified by my recovery because they did not think I would live.

In 1993, I moved to Vancouver and continued researching into “mind body communication”. I continued furthering my studies with Dr. Chris Hall, Todd Epstein and Robert Dilts (NLP University in Santa Cruz California). It was then I also discovered the New Method Kinesiology Clinic that was owned by Steve Ariss. Steve is master kinesiologist and teacher (unfortunately the clinic no longer exists and Steve no longer teaches) but through his teachings, I feel in love with Kinesiology. It was amazing to learn from such an incredible man, healer and true master. It was wonderful to have those teachings passed on to me. I still am in love with Kinesiology Now I aspire to pass them on to others.

In 15 years of having kinesiology as one of my main tools, I  have never done a session with a client that does not make me feel that “WOW”! I am so grateful for these amazing healing tools. My clients all say the same “WOW” and are extremely grateful for the transformation in their lives. Kinesiology was a very important tool -allowing me to take even greater responsibilty for my health and life. Through Kinesiology I now assist, encourage and inspire others to take responsibilty for their health and life.

In reflecting on your past Colli, what have you learned from it… and how have you brought that understanding into your kinesiology work?

The most powerful learning from my past is that one cannot go back, one has to go forward; there is nothing to go back to. This is the formula for accepting one’s good and releasing the past. This is why kinesiology is so powerful because it assists you in releasing the past.

Through out the years I have studied many different, wonderful, powerful and amazing modalities of healing. Being a kinesiologist is an art and science. Kinesiology is investigation of the mind and body. It is working with energy – the client’s and the kinesiologists.

One of the most important lessons I have experienced as a practitioner of kinesiology is that if I do not get out of my own way (meaning I allow my ego to take over) this will get in the way and I cannot harness the power of this amazing gift.

With each individual client the healing and transformation comes from within. It is an inside job that reflects outward.  Look around. Do you like how you are feeling what you are hearing and seeing? If not, then you logical levels are not aligned.

For me … this is about aligning the logical levels so that we are congruent with our authentic source. My core purpose is to bring balance between the ego (ambition) and soul (mission).This is the only way one can become a champion in their sport, performance and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment